Saturday, July 8th Kids Triathlon for ages 7-15
2022 New Town Kids Triathlon Pre-Event Parent Letter
Hey Kids! This swim, bike, and run is JUST for you.
Well here’s what your parents should know- The Kids Triathlon is held on an enclosed and highly visible course completely within New Town. Having everyone in sight will ensure you’ll find your way from start to finish. And your grandparents can watch you swim like a shark, bike like it’s a rocket and run faster than a cheetah. Just in case you need’em the course will be lined with lifeguards from Backyard Lifeguards for the swim, as well as plenty of bike and run marshals too.
- If you are between 7 and 10 years old– get ready to swim 100 yds, bike 1.25 miles and run .5 mile.
- If you are between 11 and 15 years old you’ll swim 200 yds, bike 3.75 miles and run 1 mile.
- Note: Racing age is a child’s age at the end of the year (12/31/23)
Start Times: Set your alarm, brush your teeth, sleep in your bike helmet and wake your parents up early. Your triathlon starts at 9:00 am and you don’t want to be late, do you? And for all the Grown-Ups out there– please note Saturday’s menu also includes the EXPO from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm– where you can shop for the latest gear, get a pre-race sports massage, grab some last minute essentials and pick up your adult race packet.
Kids Course Specifics:
- Kids Swim: The swim is point to point. Kids will start from the lake’s edge along New Town Lake Drive and swim directly to the swim exit. The swim course will be lined with life guards. Children may use personal flotation devices such as arm inflatables and kick boards. Adult volunteers will assist the children as they exit the swim.
- Kids Bike: The bike course is all within New Town. ONE lap for the 7 – 10 year olds and THREE laps for the 11 – 15 year olds. The bike course will have volunteer course marshals stationed at major intersections.
- Kids Run: The run is also entirely within New Town and children can be seen throughout their run.
- Check out the Kid’s Tri course maps here.
Pre-race Packet Pickup is at Big Shark (Big Bend Location) Friday July 7th, 12pm to 7pm. Race Day Packet Pick Up is Saturday, July 8th – 6:00 am – 8:15 am at the Amphitheater in New Town. You can register during packet pick-up. Registration is $45 through July 7th. It is $55 on Race Day, July 8th. Click on the Below Link for the KIDS Triathlon registration. Athletes registered prior to June 30th will receive a New Town Kids Triathlon T- Shirt.
Awards: There will be a podium presentation and 1st, 2nd, 3rd place awards for each age group in 2 year increments:
- Boy/Girl 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-15